Monday, May 2, 2016

3 Bowls for Empty Bowl Project

My first bowl was the bowl in the middle. This one was made with pieces of fabric. I first cut the pieces, and then glued them to the form to create the bowl shape. This was a decent bowl, but definitely was not my best.
The bowl on the right was my second bowl. This is a pinch pot which means I started from a piece of clay, wedged the clay, and then used my thumbs on the inside to press the clay into a bowl shape.
The red bowl is the third bowl and this one was done on the wheel. It was my first success on the wheel and it was done on the kick wheel. The hardest part was centering the piece but after that I used my creative side to create the shape I wanted. This was my most successful bowl and the first one on the wheel. I thought the wheel was hard to begin wheel but I eventually got the hang of it and would try it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment